Friday: Hayes Carll, Band of Heathens at the Paramount. It’s been a big year for Texas troubadour Carll, who released his first album in five years, “Lovers and Leavers,” and got a best country song nomination at the Grammys for Lee Ann Womack’s cover of his tune “Chances Are.” Next year is shaping up to be a big one for Americana rockers Band of Heathens, whose upcoming disc “Duende,” due in January, will be their first in four years. $22-$45. 8 p.m. 713 Congress Ave. austintheatre.org. — P.B.
Friday: Songs for Sara benefit at South Austin Brewery. No shortage of local luminaries have teamed up to help Sara Stewart Stevens, a friend to the music community who was diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma in June. Among the performers are Kevin Russell (of Shinyribs), the Skunks with Jesse Sublett and Jon Dee Graham, Javier Escovedo, Wild Seeds, Fingerpistol, Jeff Plankenhorn & Malford Milligan, Sounds Del Mar and William Harries Graham. $27-$35. 3 p.m. to midnight. 415 E. Saint Elmo Road. sarasjourney.com. — P.B.
Friday-Saturday: Caravana at Barracuda. Make your turkey binge chaser a mammoth audio excursion into the indie scenes of Austin and Mexico City courtesy of the Hotel Hot Burrito crew. The dreamy pop swirls of Ringo Deathstarr anchor an eight-band, two-stage, Friday bill which also features Austin artists Daniel Francis Doyle and TeeVee. On Saturday, local psych rock heavies Holy Wave and Troller rep Austin on an 11-band bill that includes Cascabel and the Risin’ Sun from Mexico City. $10 daily. 9 p.m. 611 E. Seventh St. barracudaaustin.com. — D.S.S.
Saturday: Bob Schneider & the Moonlight Orchestra at ACL Live. No need to wait until December for a holiday fix, as Schneider will be rolling out some seasonal favorites at this annual gig that features not only the Tosca Strings but a horn section as well. Guest vocalists Bonnie Bishop and Lex Land will join in, too. $25-$55. 8 p.m. 310 Willie Nelson Blvd. acl-live.com. — P.B.
Saturday: Spanksgiving 3 at Empire. Sneak away from the family and shake off the post-holiday blues as grimy garage rock duo Ghost Wolves host their third annual Thanksgiving weekend throwdown. Fellow rockers Cartwright, Chief White Lightning and Amplified Heat round out the bill for a full evening of boozy fellowship and boisterous revelry. $5. 9:30 p.m. doors. 606 E. Seventh St. empireatx.com. — D.S.S.
Sunday: MLH Caravan featuring Ms. Lauryn Hill at ACL Live. Yes, she has consistency problems, particularly when it comes to punctuality, and for complicated legal reasons, you’re not going to hear the original versions of most of your favorite songs from “Miseducation,” but in her Fun Fun Fun Fest show and “Austin City Limits” taping last year, Hill was a demanding but vibrant band leader who put in inspired and moving performances. The Soul Rebels and Seun Anikulapo Kuti, the youngest son of Nigerian legend Fela Kuti, open. $52-$152. 8 p.m. 310 Willie Nelson Blvd. acl-live.com. — D.S.S.
- The Get Down with Dat Boy Supa, Anya, more at Flamingo Cantina
- Red Fang, Torche, Whores at Mohawk outdoor
- Valentino Khan at Vulcan Gas Company
- Peter White Christmas show at One World Theatre
- Charlie Mars, David Grissom at Little Woodrow’s Southpark
- Jonathan Tyler, Elise Davis at Antone’s
- Christian Bland & the Revelators, Tele Novella, Annabelle Chairlegs, Why Bonnie at Empire
- Thieves release show, Nominee, Burning Years, Hitting Subset at Sidewinder
- Mama K & the Shades, Jimmie Dreams, Crescent Soul Revue, Miss Lavelle White at One-2-One Bar
- Bukka Allen at Strange Brew
- Bill Kirchen & Gurf Morlix at Evangeline Cafe
- James Hand at ABGB
- Rebirth Brass Band at Belmont
- Helmet, Local H at Mohawk outdoor
- Deep Eddy Cabaret anniversary party with Jimmie Dale Gilmore, Ramsay Midwood
- Dirty River Boys at Parish
- Canvas People EP Release, Wild Now, Ruby & the Reckless at Mohawk indoor
- Jimmy LaFave at Strange Brew
- Dale Watson at Broken Spoke
- Warren Hood at Continental Club
- Greyhounds at C-Boy’s
- Sounds Del Mar, Will Courtney at ABGB
- Two Hoots & a Holler, Emily Herring, Dave Insley’s Careless Smokers at White Horse
- South Austin Moonlighters at El Mercado Backstage
- Wannabes, Differentials at Hole in the Wall
- Africa Night at Sahara Lounge
- Benjamin Francis Leftwich at Stubb’s indoor
- Seun Kuti afterparty with Soul Control (hosted by R.A.S.) at Empire
- Mitch Watkins Trio at Elephant Room
- Shelley King with Robert Cline Jr. & Bo Porter at Strange Brew
- Jon Dee Graham & the Lo Jinx Orchestra at Continental Gallery
- Fingerpistol at ABGB
- Leticia Rodriguez at One-2-One Bar
- Radkey, Fame Riot at Sidewinder