The City of Austin Center for Events (ACE) released a list of all permit requests put in for parties during the ten days of the South by Southwest Conference and Festival. This takes some of the guesswork out of SXSW party speculation, although it’s worth noting, events programmed in venues that hold music and events year round do not need special permits.
A few things worth noting on a quick perusal of the list:
- Pandora has an event set for 710-718 Red River St, 710 is Hoboken Pizza and 718 is Valhalla, could this be a block party on the street?
- SXSW Film will host outdoor screenings on the Long Center Terrace. Also, there’s going to be a “Power Puff Girls” premiere parade at the Long Center.
- South by San Jose, a popular event for local residents is currently in review after city staffers told the event organizers they had missed the cutoff earlier this month.
- GSD&M’s events are marked pending. The advertising firm was also told it missed the cutoff for a few events including Ray Benson’s 65th birthday party this year.
- This year’s Spotify House will be at the now shuttered Nuevo Leon on East Sixth Street. (Update: Spotify announced a stellar lineup with Miguel, Kacey Musgraves and Chvrches on Monday.)
- The fest will spread further into our part of town as the Austin American-Statesman will host the MTVu Woodies again this year and Aussie’s on Barton Springs will host a Music Madness event.
- Hype Hotel will return to Fair Market this year.
- Anheuser Busch- Parking Lot will take place at Brazos Hall. The SXSW schedule lists a series of Bud Light Factory events at the venue.
- HBO’s Game of Thrones will be back this year. The event will take place at the old Antone’s building on W. Fifth St. No word yet if Snoop Dogg will attend this year.
- McDonalds has an activation at the downtown club Textile.
- A series of Samsung events and a Capital Live Entertainment event were denied because they came in after the cutoff, although they were submitted on Feb. 5, the original deadline the city advertised. There is, however, a Samsung event taking place at the old Downtown post office on Guadalupe.
- There will be private dinner cocktail parties at “Justine’s Secret House” on East Seventh Street and most likely none of us are invited.
- Festing can be exhausting, so the Casper Nap Tour is bringing mattresses.
- Friskies will be back for to cover all your adorable celebrity cat pic needs at Caffe Medici.
- Vevo might be doing an event at Pelons, Kebabalicious might be hosting Kebab Fest at their East Seventh St. location.
- The permit for the Fader Fort is still in review, but if it does return it will be at Pine St. Station.
- Hip-hop fans hoping to sneak into the popular Illmore House party can stake out Saengerrunde Hall.
This blog entry has been updated to correct an address.